SUBJECT NAME : MICROPROCESSOR AND MICROCONTROLLER INTERFACING
SUBJECT CODE : 2150907
BRANCH : COMPUTER ENGINEERING
SEM : 5
Important questions for MI 2150907
- Draw the function block diagram of IC 8085 and its working.
- Explain the addressing mode of 8085 with example.
- Define and Decoding Technique. Explain any one in detail.
- Explain I/O Mapped I/O and give differentiate it with Memory Mapped I/O.
- Define Interrupt and explain 8085 Interrupt structure.
- List and explain the categories of 8085 instruction that deal with data transfer.
- Explain the working of rotate instruction of 8085 with proper example.
- Draw and explain the block diagram of 8255A programmable peripheral interface device. What do you mean by BSR mode?
- Explain Mode – 1 (Strobe I/O) of 8255 PPI in details.
- How many machine cycles are required to execute MVI A, 32H instruction? Draw complete timing diagram with each machine cycle and find execution time for instruction with assume clock frequency f=2 MHz
- Draw and explain programmable interrupt controller 8259A.
- Draw and explain initialization sequence of interrupt controller 8259A.
- Write a program to calculate the factorial of a number between 0 to 8.
- Explain RIM and SIM instruction with pseudo code example.
- Write ALP for display binary up counter. Counter should count the number from 00H to FFH and it should increment after every 0.5 sec.(Use 8085 operating frequency=2MHz).
- Explain Subroutine with proper examples.
- Explain register section of 8086.
- Explain addressing mode of 8086/80286.
- Explain Segment Descriptor? Explain in detail.
- Explain the Memory Management Unit of 80286/80386(physical address generation).
- Explain architecture of 80386 with block diagram.
- Explain architecture of 80286 with block diagram.
- Explain the architecture of Pentium processor.
- Discuss the features of ARM Processor.
- Draw and explain architecture of SUN SPARC.
- Explain Page Table and Page Directory Entry with 80386 microprocessor.
- What is descriptor table? What is its use? Differentiate between GDT and LDT.